I don’t know why, after all this time, I still worry about finding something to do. I should know that TheWife has figured out the state of my ADHD brain, and left me the proverbial “Honey Do” List. The drawback to owning a 100+ year old home is that there is ALWAYS something to do, and TheWife made sure to highlight enough of them to keep me busy all weekend long.
Of course, it also kept me so busy that some small tasks I had planned on knocking out this weekend actually wound up not getting done, but what are you going to do?
Ya know, I always love it when Zoot breaks things out in short bullets, so I think I will try it. (Hopefully she didn’t steal this from Dooce, I don’t want all the “Dooce Defenders” to come here telling me how I am trying to rip her off ::snicker::)
- After knocking out a few guest posts for Silly Old Bear at Hey, You last week, I will be teaming up with him as Guest Bloggers to fill in for the vacationing Erin-erin-bo-berin over at Family Circus.
- TheWife went out of her way to let me know that Italy won the World Cup this year. It almost makes me wish that I cared. Almost.
- And again on the World Cup, is it because the U.S. is simply abysmal and has no chance of winning, that everybody gets so “Old Country” proud? I mean, I never see anybody waiving a Brazilian Flag, or Italian Flag, or whatever during the Olympics. So why the World Cup?
- This case, shows exactly what is wrong with our legal system. Attorney Wanda Jackson is already trying to put Coke on trial suggesting that the Test sample her client (allegedly) stole is “not as secret as Coke suggests.” Oh, so that makes it OK to steal it and attempt to sell it to a competitor? And in stating she needs to “test” the product she is cleary attempting to cause the Prosecutor problems… now with anything like the truth, but by trying to make Coke uneasy about making their Intellectual Property available. You client is guilty lady, regardless of whether or not the product is a “worthy” secret or not, she stole it and tryed to sell it. Go to Jail, go directly to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.
- I am still at a loss to understand how when the NJ Governor sent his proposal out in mid January, that lawmakers actually waited right up until the deadline to start looking for alternative proposals forcing the State to shut down. By shutting the State Government down, which also meant shutting down the lottery and Atlantic City Casinos, besides hurting the people that it put out of work (as if that wasn’t bad enough), it costs the State an estimated $3.5 million dollars A DAY. Freakin’ boneheads.