I found this Meme over at BusyMom‘s place, and while she didn’t actually tag me, since I am currently recovering from oral surgery (yes again) and not in much of a mood for original thought, I figured this was just what the doctor (or dentist) ordered.
1. Wrapping or gift bags? I am the exact type of lazy S.O.B. that they were targeting when they invented the gift bag. Oh, I can wrap just fine, but would rather do just about anything than wrap gifts. For the holidays predominantly TheWife handles the wrapping, except I get left with the “odd shaped” packages.
2. Real or artificial tree? I prefer a real tree. I always had an artificial one growing up, and always wanted real trees, and had one every year since moving out of my parent’s home. Until 2 years ago, when TheWife declared that we would go artificial. Now we have an artificial pre-lit tree. I grouse about it all through the holidays, but am happy when it actually comes time to putting things away, and not having to spend the better part of January and February still finding needles about the house.
3. When do you put up the tree? Precisely whenever we get around to it. It was later on purpose when we had a live tree because we didn’t want it to be all dead needles on Xmas morning. Now it is whenever we can fit it into weekends that are usually filled with LatteGirl’s activities.
4. When do you take the tree down? On the 13th day after Xmas (or the nearest weekend immediately following)
5. Do you like eggnog? I love and drink entirely too much eggnog.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Any gift that didn’t include socks, or underwear.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope.
8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A Fruitcake (yes seriously)
9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both. I mail all those that I can, and e-mail those that I do not have addresses for.
10. Favorite Christmas Movie? Merry Christmas Charlie Brown.
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? For the past couple of years, Cyber Monday. Before that, usually the Saturday before Xmas.
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Antipasto, before the main meal. This is about the closest thing my family has in the way of a holiday “tradition.”
13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Now I am stuck with Clear as that is what came on our pre-lit tree (see #2)
14. Favorite Christmas song? “The Twelve Pains of Christmas”
15. Travel at Christmas or stay home? “Travel” (if you count 11 miles as travelling). Xmas belongs to my Mom, and the only way we are getting from her, is to pry it from her cold dead hands.
16. Can you name all of Santaâ€™s reindeer. Of course. You have the originals from A Visit with St. Nicholas: Dasher, Dance, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder and Blixem (that somehow later became Donner and Blitzen). Later, through other stories you added Rudolph (not to mention Clarise and Fireball), and thanks to some funny play on words, later added the not so popular cartoon character Olive (Olive the other reindeer, used to laugh and call him names). And finally, in The Santa Clause 2 (The Mrs. Clause), we are introduced to Chet, that has to fill in for the overeating Comet.
17. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither, we have a old world Scandinavian Santa Claus.
8. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? Christmas morning.
19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Stores that try to shove more stuff than they can fit into the store, and stores that sell things that don’t belong there. Do I really want to buy a new Plasma Television from the Supermarket? Does ever single retailer in the word have to stock some display of meats and cheeses that for some reason doesn’t need to be refrigerated?
20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? We have enough ornaments to decorate probably 3 trees, but yet, nothing that you would probably call a “theme. Oh sure we have “batches” like Dr. Seuss collections, and Precious Moments, but none of them in large enough quantity to do a tree in a single style by itself.
21. What do you leave for Santa? Milk and Cookies, as well as some carrots for the reindeer.
22. Least favorite holiday song? Whichever one I have heard once too often that particular year. For example, I like Grandma got run over by a reindeer, but sometimes it just gets so overplayed that I get totally sick of it.
23. Favorite ornament? A Precious Moments, “Baby’s First Xmas 2000” ornament. It is the only one that is guaranteed to be on the tree each and every year.
Since I didn’t actually get tagged for this I can’t rightfully tag anybody else, but if you would like to participate, I would love to know.