I have to admit, I have been neglecting it myself, and it went to the back of my priority list. A bad gas burner was discovered in my mother’s home and fortunately it was discovered by a Carbon Monoxide Alarm my father had installed years earlier. But since I don’t have gas heat in my house, I sort of back-burnered (no pun intended) the whole thing.
But after hearing recently about the deaths in Washington State (can’t find the article right now) and another more broad based one from the Pittsburg Tribune. It really brought it back to the forefront, of my mind.
I was reading Cat’s story about her fireplace this morning with the ensuing headaches, the first thing I thought and commented to her was, to go and order a carbon monoxide Alarm.
Then I realized what a hypocrite I was that I had not even bothered to take the same precautions for my own home and family. I just went an ordered 3 (one for each floor).
Honestly, I put the link there, so you would at least go look at them.Â The model listed may be a bit pricey for some, and I don’t care where you buy one from, but please consider getting at least one for your home.