Well, being able to eat solid food has returned just in time for Xmas.Â Yeah me!Â But, has left me somewhat of a bad blogger lately, and with everything left to do, precious little time for coherent thought remains, so…. I present Brain dump, bullet style.
- There are a couple of presents that I thought TheWife was getting, and she thought I was handling the purchase of.Â Naturally, neither of us actually checked with the other until last night.Â Which sent me out to Wal-Mart on the Sunday evening before Xmas.Â Which unfortunately yielded far too little in the way of completing the purchases I needed to make, so I will try it again today… elsewhere.
- To the folks at Wal-Mart:Â Are you making so much damn money that you can throw away sales?Â I was in your store last evening, and the toy department was damn near empty.Â The only items left were open/broken boxes, and things that will be on sale at the end of January because nobody is going to buy them.Â Oh, I know you have toys.Â I saw pallets of them shrink wrapped in the aisles blocking shoppers, and making navigating with a cart practically impossible, so I guess people who went this morning will actually be able to buy something, but I am certain that I was not the only person that left your store with money I wanted to spend, only to be turned away because there was nothing out for me to buy.Â
- I am in the office working today.Â That precluded me from getting an early jump on the needed shopping.Â I will happily shop somewhere that is not competitively priced, if I can just get what I want and get the hell out of the store with my sanity (or what is left of it after Wal-Mart) intact.
- I have spent more on Xmas presents this year than I ever have in the past.Â I blame part of this on the ease of Internet shopping, and the extra week between Thanksgiving and Xmas.Â The biggest problem was that damned Amazon Prime account I signed up for.Â Without having to worry about shipping costs, I could shop and purchase as much or little as I wanted at any time.Â This made it much easier to just add “one more item” to buy and ship off way to easy, and it shows with how many “one more items” I had delivered.
- This is the first year I don’t have to stay up late to wrap and/or assemble presents.Â This is blowing my mind.Â The thought of spending Xmas without being in a Zombie like state from only having an hour or two of sleep sounds really nice.
- As much as everything seems to be going well with the extra week between holidays, I somehow still managed to not find time to bake.Â This is the closest thing I have to a regret this year, and when I stop at the bakery and buy some cookies, I am sure I will get over it.
- Did you forget?Â You can track Santa Claus’ journey today(night) thanks to the folks at Norad.Â There is even aÂ tracker that will enable you (though Google Earth) to track Santa in 3-D.